Social Media Manager
Do you want to work at a growing digital agency to take our social media presence to the next level? Do you enjoy collaborating on technical and creative strategies, owning the execution of social media campaigns, managing our community, and creating appealing and engaging content?
We want to evolve with you! We are looking for someone who is passionate and entrepreneurial, with a realistic sense of how to create consistent, engaging organic content. In this role, you’ll collaborate with our marketing team to marry our creativity and our marketing together.We are looking for someone who is interested in social media trends, ever-changing platforms, and has a pulse on all things Linkedin — you must be a strong writer and enjoy diving deep into social media trends.
In your role as Junior Social Media Manager, you will be expected to:
- Design, compose, and optimize highly shareable content on social media (Linkedin, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter);
- Manage and maintain social programming calendars;
- Remain on the pulse of social conversation & discover opportunities to make our social media channels stand out;
- Generate, edit, publish, share and track content daily (e.g. copy, photos, videos and news);
- Work across teams to coordinate, curate, and produce content that drives customer engagement;
- Deepen your understanding of Evolving Web’s services and strengths, and how we support our clients.
What kind of skills set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community?
- You have 2+ years of experience as a Social Media Coordinator or Manager for an agency or in-house for a technical brand/startup. (Linkedin, Twitter, Reddit, Blogs, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram).
- You spend more time on Reddit, The Verge, TechCrunch, Hacker Noon, Invision Blog, Morning Brew, IDEO, UX Pin, Twitter, and Linkedin than on Tik Tok.
- You boast experience creating and planning content for a B2B company.
- You own a love of prose and a penchant for puns.
- You are agile and embrace change.
- You hold a portfolio showcasing previous work that demonstrates your strong writing, editing, and artistic skills.
- You keep evidence of creative ability/talent.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
- You are proficient with social media postings and content creation tools, including Canva, Hootsuite, Figma, and Hubspot.
- You have video editing and graphic design experience to create content.
- You have excellent communication skills preferably in both French and English.
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Someone who believes better products arise from a collaborative work process;
- Not afraid to voice your opinion, but open to getting feedback/someone who wants to learn;
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Experience using Drupal or WordPress
- Experience with video editing software
What you get:
- A fully remote position where you are trusted to do work that matters whichever way you work best;
- Work on important projects for public sector clients, such as Tourisme Quebec, Princeton University and the Government of Canada;
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists spread across many countries;
- Receive mentorship on how to grow as a leader, improve your skills, and deliver quality products;
- Receive encouragement and support to optionally write blog posts under your own name and present at conferences;
- A culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Competitive salary and health insurance.
Evolving Web values diversity and is committed to assembling a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better we will be. Evolving Web is an equal opportunity employer. We support and encourage flexible working, including flexible hours and work from home.
Learn more about what it's like to work at Evolving Web and join us!