Rolling Application - Operations Manager
We are always looking for Operations Managers to join our team. Note that regular visits to the office are mandatory, we will only be considering recruiting applicants in Montreal.
We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic and proactive person to join our team at Evolving Web. Your role will be in making sure that internal operations are running smoothly.
The Operations Manager is the heart of our organization. You’ve got the skills and know-how to keep everything running smoothly. We’re looking for people who thrive under pressure, can handle change and adapt quickly, and enjoy learning about all the functions of an agency.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to broaden their knowledge of web development and to contribute to the growth of our operations team as we continue our rapid expansion.
What does the Operations Manager do?
- Managing Evolving web tool box, subscriptions, licences, managing renewal deadlines, quarterly review of the list
- Managing the Onboarding and offboarding of employees, managing access to tools and accounts and material and security guidelines
- Supervising time off requests and reporting, maintaining our different forecasting tools for the financial and human ressources team
- Opening projects across all platforms and respecting and maintaining project opening procedures
- Overseeing our Project and timesheet tool working with the development team for optimization
- Supporting the project managers and project management office in various tasks, Resource planning, QA and Content entry for projects
- Assisting with RFP process, making sure we have all the required materials to deliver, preparing and coordinating with design and PM teams
- Creating and maintaining office processes and procedures. Being in charge of documentation
- Supervise the coordination of office and external events, planning, buying supplies and equipment needed, coordinating with outside vendors.
- Assist the Operations Director with various administrative tasks and analysis
- Assist with Training organization and travel expenses for trainers, as well as coordinating offsite training for participants
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- You are familiar with Google Docs, Gmail, and spreadsheet management.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
- You are obsessed with list-making and organization.
- You’re a great communicator and collaborator and you like interacting on the phone and in person.
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership of a task or project.
- You can manage multiple projects, people and deadlines.
- You have a keen attention to detail and strive to meet deadlines.
- You want to learn more about technology.
- You speak English and French.
- You get things done.
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Someone who feels better products come from a collaborative work process
- Not afraid to voice your opinion but open to any input
- Organized, consistent, and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
What you get:
- Work on important projects for public sector clients, such as Tourisme Quebec, Princeton University and the Government of Canada;
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists spread across many countries;
- Receive mentorship on how to grow as a leader, improve your skills, and deliver quality products;
- Receive encouragement and support to optionally write blog posts under your own name and present at conferences;
- A culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Competitive salary and health insurance.
Evolving Web values diversity and is committed to assembling a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better we will be. Evolving Web is an equal opportunity employer. We support and encourage flexible working, including flexible hours and work from home.
Learn more about what it's like to work at Evolving Web and join us!