We are looking for an empathetic marketing director who is driven by digital first and who can bring to this position a blend of creativity, marketing experience and an understanding of our business. The Marketing Director will have the opportunity to drive and oversee the marketing and creative communications strategy, working directly with the co-founders. This is a high-impact role where you will be a key player in the decision-making process of our brand evolution, marketing execution, consumer growth, and product development. This role is both strategic and tactical, we're therefore looking for someone who can wear different hats and thrives in such an environment.
We are a well-established agency focused on the strategy, design and construction of beautifully-crafted websites and applications using Drupal. Since 2007, we have developed and created websites and interactive applications for organizations in the health, technology, higher education, government, non-profit and finance sectors. Our client list includes Princeton University, Tourism Quebec, and the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation. We have grown, made a name for ourselves, earned accolades, won awards, and built a strong team of talented people over the past 13 years. We believe the key to our success has always been hiring people who love to learn and inspire each other. We are a diverse and mission-driven team that cares about the work we do together.
- Experience: You have more than 5 years of experience working in a web agency, with a background in B2B marketing;
- Track Record: You have a proven track record in prior assignments in agency, B2B marketing or digital startup in a fast-paced environment;
- Leadership: You’re a highly organized and conscientious worker with die-hard optimism and a can-do attitude. You can see projects through from ideation to execution;
- People-Connector: You love to connect with people! In this role, you'll be responsible for growing the Evolving Web brand and community. You'll make sure our brand engages audiences across all channels;
- Self-Starter: You are entrepreneurial, strategically imaginative, creative (if we haven't mentioned it enough) and always focused on adding value;
- Team-Player: You are a team player, you have previously worked with different kinds of people, you know how to lead a team and you are not afraid to defend your ideas with research. At Evolving Web we value transparency, openness, and teamwork and celebrate our team’s accomplishments collectively.
What you’ll be up to:
- You will create, iterate, and oversee the multi-channel marketing vision including brand, digital, social, partnerships and community;
- You will plan and execute all digital marketing, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns to gain brand awareness and drive consumer growth. You’ll work with designers, creative partners and content contributors;
- You will develop solutions and strategies to improve the overall quality and creative output;
- You will manage the end-to-end marketing function and key business metrics, including reporting the performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs);
- You will track, manage and implement a yearly marketing plan, budget, and calendar;
- You will partner with product and the sales teams to drive revenue growth across North America;
- You will be responsible for the marketing and positioning of associated services and carry out market/customer studies;
- You will hire, manage, and drive growth for the marketing team, and provide leadership to your team members.
What’s in it for you?
- Transparent workplace, where hard work and results are rewarded.
- Challenging work, where you’re constantly learning, practical training, coaching and meaningful feedback.
- You will be part of a strong team (dare we say: family) where you’ll get to participate in the open-source community, through contributions, community events, and training. You’ll get the opportunity to present at conferences. You will even get to hire and grow your own team.
- Build your professional and personal brand! Evolving Web is a place where you can map and carve your own career growth objectives, and we’ll help you achieve them.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
We have a physical office in Old Montreal where most of our staff are based. We prefer candidates in Montreal or Toronto, but are open to remote applicants with experience in the North American market.