Head of Talent & Culture
Evolving Web is growing quickly and is ready to hire our Head of Talent & Culture. We're looking for someone with 5+ years of experience with a technology company or a digital agency. The responsibilities will include headhunting on LinkedIn Recruiter, conducting interviews, marketing our employee brand, attending community events, defining fair employment policies, and building a strong corporate culture. We're looking for someone who is mature, energetic, and confident in speaking the language of both creatives and techies.
We are planning to hire one or two people per month, so expect to spend 50% time on recruiting.
Must be bilingual in English and French and familiar with Quebec HR norms.
This is a full-time, Montreal-based position, fully remote for the duration of 2021.
- You will manage full life-cycle recruitment processes, including candidate attraction, sourcing, pipeline development, screening, structuring interviews, offer negotiation, reference checking, and follow through to onboarding.
- You will establish sourcing strategies (direct, referrals, peer groups, niche networks) to deepen both passive and active candidate pools.
- You will proactively focus on events, webinars, direct sourcing, referrals, and other creative sourcing strategies to ensure a consistent top-of-the-funnel pipeline of qualified candidates.
- You will lead in the optimization of our Applicant Tracking System (Workable) and track the progress of the candidates.
- You will work with our marketing team to position Evolving Web as a top place to work.
- You will lead the onboarding and offboarding of employees
Human Resources Management
- You will actively build the Evolving Web culture and brand and develop links with the broader digital community in Montreal and beyond.
- You will enable processes and programs; understand organizational needs and create and drive processes, policies, and workflows that are compliant, efficient, and scalable.
- You will create learning and development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities as the company grows and to help our leaders become better managers.
- You will proactively address employee relation issues by maintaining a safe workplace and promoting an inclusive and collaborative culture
- You will maintain compliance with federal and provincial employment laws & regulations.
- 5+ years of experience in a human resources position.
- 4+ years of experience in a technical agency, marketing agency, or startup environment.
- 4+ years experience in a talent acquisition role.
- You are fluent in English and French.
- You have experience with Quebec employment laws, controls, compliance. You have extensive knowledge of provincial and federal employment/labor standards.
- You have an ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and an understanding of the agency world.
- You have experience with Linkedin Recruiter, Workable, and other Applicant Tracking Software tools.
- You are curious, passionate, sincere, and empathetic. People always come first.
- CHRP certification
- Love of dogs
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- You will be part of a strong community where we participate in the open-source community, through contributions, community events, and trainings
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Build your personal brand! Many of our alumni have become very well known;
- Enjoy Evolving Web company culture;
- Grow the team directly (We are hiring for growth!)
- Health Insurance