Full Stack WordPress Developer
Do you have a passion for problem solving and enjoy working with a dynamic and creative team? Do you love learning and working with organizations that make a big impact on the world? Evolving Web is a growing team of over 40 designers, developers, and technologists specializing in Drupal and WordPress. This position requires 5+ years of WordPress experience, ideal for developers with a high attention to detail looking to expand their expertise.
In your role as WordPress Developer, you will be expected to:
- Work with a team of developers, designers, and project managers;
- Develop custom WordPress plugins and themes and configure WordPress websites;
- Select and debug WordPress plugins;
- Create documentation;
- Work with DevOps tools like Docker;
- Contribute to and participate in the open-source community.
What kind of skill set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community?
- At least 5 years of experience working with WordPress
- Ability to create WordPress themes and plugins following best practices
- Experience working with a team and using a standardized development workflow
- Experience using the Linux command line and Git
- Experience using tools developing components using Gutenberg and Elementor
- Understanding of software development practices
- Experience using a project management tool like Redmine or JIRA
- Strong communication skills in English.
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Someone who feels better products come from a collaborative work process
- Not afraid to voice your opinion but open to any input
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills in French
- Experience with Drupal and other web development platforms
- Open source contributions
What you get:
- Work on important projects for public sector clients, such as Tourisme Quebec, Princeton University and the Government of Canada;
- Give feedback to team members and help team members grow and improve their skills;
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists;
- Receive mentorship on how to grow as a leader, improve your skills, and deliver quality products;
- Take ownership of the outcomes of the projects you work on and step in to help other projects when needed;
- Be part of a diverse multilingual team spread across many countries;
- Receive encouragement and support to optionally write blog posts under your own name and present at conferences;
- Have a competitive salary and a good work life balance;
- Join a remote friendly agency that is based out of Old Montréal;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Health Insurance.