Full Stack WordPress Developer (Remote)
Do you have a passion for problem solving and enjoy working with a dynamic and creative team? Do you love learning and working with organizations that make a big impact on the world? Work with other talented and motivated developers as part of our growing WordPress practice. Evolving Web is a team of designers, developers, and technologists specializing in WordPress and Drupal. This position requires 5+ years of WordPress experience, ideal for developers with a high attention to detail looking to expand their expertise.
We encourage you to apply if you’re planning on immigrating to Canada. We actively sponsor visa applications for qualified candidates and help them relocate to Montreal.
In your role as WordPress Developer, you will be expected to:
- Work with a team of developers, designers, and project managers;
- Develop custom WordPress plugins and themes and configure WordPress websites;
- Select and debug WordPress plugins;
- Create documentation;
- Work with DevOps tools like Docker;
- Contribute to and participate in the open-source community.
What kind of skill set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community?
- At least 5 years of experience working with WordPress;
- Ability to create WordPress themes and plugins following best practices;
- Experience building modern WordPress sites that embrace the block editor;
- Experience working with a team and using a standardized development workflow;
- Experience using the Linux command line and Git;
- Experience using tools developing components using Gutenberg and Elementor;
- Understanding of software development practices;
- Experience using a project management tool like Redmine or JIRA;
- Strong communication skills in English.
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Someone who feels better products come from a collaborative work process;
- Not afraid to voice your opinion but open to any input;
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Experience creating custom blocks using React;
- Experience building accessible websites that comply with WCAG standards;
- Strong communication skills in French;
- Experience with Drupal and other web development platforms;
- Open source contributions.
What you get:
- Work on important projects for public sector clients, such as Tourisme Quebec, Princeton University and the Government of Canada;
- Give feedback to team members and help team members grow and improve their skills;
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists;
- Receive mentorship on how to grow as a leader, improve your skills, and deliver quality products;
- Take ownership of the outcomes of the projects you work on and step in to help other projects when needed;
- Be part of a diverse multilingual team spread across many countries;
- Receive encouragement and support to optionally write blog posts under your own name and present at conferences;
- Have a competitive salary and a good work life balance;
- Join a remote friendly agency that is based out of Old Montréal;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Health Insurance.