Freelance UI Designer (Remote)
We’re looking for a freelance UI designer to take wireframes and brand style guidelines to design a financial management responsive web app in Figma. The platform should convey trust and look simple, user-friendly, and professional, like Wealthsimple and Blockfi.
Start date is August 9th with 30 hours per week for 4 weeks and potential to be full-time. Please be in a timezone no greater than 3 hours of Montreal (EDT).
Also known as: visual designer, product designer, UI artist, UI expert.
In your role as UI Designer, you will be expected to:
- Design web and mobile experiences in Figma that are simple and intuitive;
- Be creative in solving graphic problems, while rigorously respecting the brand guidelines and artistic direction;
- Participate in regular design reviews where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback;
- Collaborate daily with Design, Engineering, and the Client;
- Demonstrate autonomy and thoroughness;
- Have a logical, analytical and structured mind;
What kind of skills set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community?
- 2+ years of UI design experience, including consumer-facing products for web and mobile;
- Solid understanding of interaction design principles, usability best practices, and responsive design;
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong experience with interactive design;
- Fluency in Figma and design systems;
- Ability to communicate in English;
If you have a strong passion for application interfaces and functional UI, and you like to get your hands dirty and actively participate in graphic production, apply today!