Do you love building and maintaining financial projections and results. Do you have amazing skills in analyzing data and building clear and relevant reporting and dashboards? Then we would love to have you on your team.
We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic and proactive person to join our team at Evolving Web. Your role will be to assist in making sure that internal finance operations are running smoothly.
We’re a growing company and take on many types of projects, so there will be a wide variety of tasks for you to work on. We're looking for someone who is proactive, can seek out tasks, and will take ownership of a project and see it through to completion.
What does the Finance Manager do?
- Assisting with the follow-up of missing timesheets for payroll, weekly reporting, and client billing at the end of the month;
- Prepare for and meet with project managers for monthly customer invoicing;
- Manage and assist the bookkeeping tasks and monthly reconciliations of the finances;
- Maintaining all budget control reports for client budgets;
- Forecasting and reconciling projected payroll and expenses;
- Preparing and presenting profitability analysis and reporting to the various teams;
- Assisting project managers in contract signatures, filing and archiving of all contractual documents and invoices;
- Assisting project managers in hours reports;
- Optimizing our current and future financial tools;
- Assisting with RFP process for any financial documentation;
- Creating and maintaining financial processes and procedures. Being in charge of documentation.
- Facilitating the Finance team with procedural and workflow compliance
- Assist the Operations teams with any related tasks
- Any other special projects or tasks in relation to this role
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- You are familiar with Google Docs, Gmail, and spreadsheet management.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
- You are obsessed with list-making and organization.
- You’re a great communicator and collaborator and you like interacting on the phone and in person.
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership of a task or project.
- You can manage multiple projects, people and deadlines.
- You have a keen attention to detail and strive to meet deadlines.
- You want to learn more about technology.
- You speak English and French.
- You get things done.
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Someone who feels better products come from a collaborative work process
- Not afraid to voice your opinion but open to any input
- Organized, consistent, and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
What you get:
- A fully remote position where you are trusted to do work that matters whichever way you work best;
- Work on important projects for public sector clients, such as Tourisme Quebec, Princeton University and the Government of Canada;
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists spread across many countries;
- Receive mentorship on how to grow as a leader, improve your skills, and deliver quality products;
- Receive encouragement and support to optionally write blog posts under your own name and present at conferences;
- A culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Competitive salary and health insurance.
Evolving Web values diversity and is committed to assembling a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better we will be. Evolving Web is an equal opportunity employer. We support and encourage flexible working, including flexible hours and work from home.
Learn more about what it's like to work at Evolving Web and join us!