Director of Marketing and Content
We are looking for an empathetic marketing director who can bring to this position a blend of creativity, marketing and leadership experience. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to set the direction of the marketing and content strategy of Evolving Web, as well as the delivery of marketing and content services for our clients. We’re looking for a true leader, who is highly organized and positive and can see projects through from ideation to execution.
This is a high-impact role where you will be a key player in the decision-making process of our brand evolution and marketing execution, working directly with the co-founders. This role is both strategic and tactical, we’re looking for someone who is eager to jump on new opportunities that arise, and adapt to the needs of a growing team.
In your role as Director of Marketing and Content, you will be expected to:
- Plan, direct, and measure the success of Evolving Web’s marketing vision including brand, digital, social, partnerships and community
- Set Evolving Web’s content strategy and run our content governance plan
- Manage the internal marketing team, collaborating with the design and development team and external collaborators
- Manage the digital marketing and content strategy services we offer to our clients, and the team that delivers these services, including full-time team members and part-time experts
- Constantly review and improve the overall quality of our creative output
- Set KPIs and report on the results of the marketing team, in conjunction with the marketing manager
- Track, manage and implement a yearly marketing plan and budget, in conjunction with the marketing manager
- Partner with the sales team to drive revenue growth across North America
What kind of skillset do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community?
- More than 5 years of experience working in an agency environment
- At least 10+ years of experience working in a senior marketing role
- A background in B2B marketing and working directly with institutional clients
- A proven track record of successful marketing assignments
- Full understanding of SEO, content marketing, and content strategy services, with hands-on experience
- Experience managing a marketing team and collaborating with design and development teams
- Experience with brand development and growth
- An entrepreneurial and creative energy
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Someone who feels better products come from a collaborative work process
- Not afraid to voice your opinion but open to any input
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French
- Experience in open-source or product marketing
- Experience marketing educational programs
What’s in it for you?
- Work on important projects for public sector clients, such as Tourisme Quebec, Princeton University and the Government of Canada.
- Give feedback to team members and help team members grow and improve their skills
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists
- Receive mentorship on how to grow as a leader, improve your skills, and deliver quality products.
- Take ownership of the outcomes of the projects you work on and step in to help other projects when needed
- Be part of a diverse multilingual team spread across many countries
- Receive encouragement and support to optionally write blog posts under your own name and present at conferences.
- Have a competitive salary and a good work life balance
- Join a remote friendly agency that is based out of Old Montréal
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment
- Health Insurance
We have a physical office in Old Montreal where most of our staff are based. We prefer candidates in Montreal or Toronto, but are open to remote applicants with experience in the North American market.