Do you have an ingenious creative approach and voice? Do you want to become part of a growing digital agency, lead a small and efficient design team and do you crave projects you care about, where you can plan and oversee creative work, design, and brand consistency?
We want to evolve with you! We are looking for someone with 5+ years experience in creative direction who will be responsible for creating, planning, implementing, and integrating the strategic direction of the creative (Marketing & Art) department.
Here’s what we will expect from you on a day to day basis:
- Lead the creative process from idea to execution, by ensuring design quality, brand consistency and strategic thinking;
- Understand specific business, brand, marketing, and creative objectives, prioritize initiatives, and allocate appropriate creative resources.
- Present and pitch concepts to clients and team members;
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines;
- Supervise other team members and crave feedback yourself;
- Develop the Evolving Web creative approaches;
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and the target audience;
- Stay on top of all trends and industry best practices.
What kind of skills set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community?
- 5+ years experience in creative direction (digital);
- 5+ years of industry experience within the digital, web, and mobile ecosystem.
- Demonstrable creative or art direction skills with a strong portfolio;
- Hands on experience with responsive web and interface design, UX, accessibility, and the collaborative work process;
- Experience with supervising design and marketing stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills preferably in both French and English.
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Someone who feels better products come from a collaborative work process
- Not afraid to voice your opinion, but open to any input
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and current web design trends;
- Knowing industry tools: Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Figma, Abstract, project management tools;
- Proficiency in digital production, web design concepts (grids, wireframes, UI/UX, etc)
- Experience with designing websites for CMS like Drupal or Wordpress;
What's in it for you
- Work on important projects for public sector clients, such as Tourisme Quebec, Princeton University, the Linux Foundation, and the Government of Canada.
- Give feedback to team members and help team members grow and improve their skills
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists to create modern and human-focused websites / web applications in Drupal, Wordpress, and React JS.
- Receive mentorship on how to grow as a leader, improve your skills, and deliver quality products.
- Take ownership of the outcomes of the projects you work on and step in to help other projects when needed
- Have a strong emphasis on high-impact, user centered, performant, and elegant solutions
- Be part of a diverse multilingual team spread across many countries.
- Receive encouragement and support to optionally write blog posts under your own name and present at conferences.
- Have a competitive salary and a good work life balance.
- Join a remote friendly agency that is based out of Old Montréal.
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment
- Health Insurance