Do you love building and maintaining financial projections and results? Do you have amazing skills in analyzing data and building clear and relevant reporting and dashboards? We’re looking for a Senior Finance Manager to help our expanding team. You will lead our Finance department and processes and work closely with the Operations and HR teams to provide best-in-class service to Evolving Web’s employees and clients. You will be responsible for making sure that internal finance operations are running smoothly. We’re a growing company and take on many types of projects, so there will be a wide variety of tasks for you to work on. This role is perfect for someone who loves strengthening interdepartmental and client relationships, building or improving existing processes, knows that there’s a solution to every problem (you just have to find it), and gets immense satisfaction from seeing a project through to completion.
Note that regular visits to the office are mandatory; we will only consider applicants within traveling distance of the greater Montreal area.
Every day may look a little different, but expect to:
- Own all financial reporting, including weekly and month-end financial reporting and end-of-month client and contractor billing
- Forecasting and reconciling projected payroll and expenses, including invoiving
- Track freelance costs and expenses; partner with operations, resource management and account to manage agency capacity and labor utilization; analyze and report profitability monthly, as well as general revenue projection
- Monitor financial performance of accounts within P&L, identify areas of concern and/or opportunities and partner with senior account leads to address
- Conduct balance sheet reconciliations and follow up on outstanding issues on monthly basis
- Manage monthly close for general ledger and make journal entries as necessary
- Review and authorize agency expenditures
- Retain awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Oversee the Evolving Web’s finance IT systems
- Run year-end client reporting and close books annually
- Adhere to, administer and enforce agency processes and financial policies
- Manage and assist the bookkeeping tasks and monthly reconciliations of the finances
- Maintaining all budget control reports for client budgets
- Prepare for and meet with project managers for monthly customer invoicing
- Preparing and presenting profitability analysis and reporting to the various teams
- Assisting project managers in contract signatures, filing and archiving of all contractual documents and invoices
- Assisting project managers in hours reports
- Optimizing our current and future financial tools
- Assisting with RFP process for any financial documentation
- Creating and maintaining financial processes and procedures. Being in charge of documentation.
- Facilitating the Finance team with procedural and workflow compliance
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role
- Expert Google sheets and G Suite
- Up to date with Canadian and Quebec government regulations and requirements
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Obsessed with list-making and organization
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively and enjoy interacting on the phone and in person
- Able to step in to make decisions and take ownership of a task or project
- Comfortable managing multiple projects, people and deadlines
- Excited about learning about new technologies and applying them to your role
- Experience working with multinational and diverse teams
- Understand that finance is more than “just numbers”
- You are curious, passionate, sincere, and empathetic. People always come first.
Our perfect candidate also has:
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French
- Experience working in a technical agency or startup environment
- Experience in helping a “small business” grow to a “medium-sized business”
- Excel formulas as a love language
- A love of cats and dogs
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Someone who feels better products come from a collaborative work process
- Not afraid to voice your opinion but open to any input
- Organized, consistent, and able to work on several projects concurrently
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills
What you get:
- A hybrid working position where you are trusted to do work that matters whichever way you work best
- Work on important projects for public sector clients, such as Tourisme Quebec, Princeton University and the Government of Canada
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary spread across many countries
- A culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment
- Competitive salary and health insurance
Evolving Web values diversity and is committed to assembling a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better we will be. Evolving Web is an equal opportunity employer. We support and encourage flexible working, including flexible hours and work from home.
Learn more about what it's like to work at Evolving Web and join us!