Art Director, Digital
We are looking for a Art Director, Digital with 6+ years experience in digital and interaction design with a strong UI & UX backbone and can present their work as an experienced conceptual designer and lead art director.
A compelling portfolio will get you into the door so show us your best work!
Here’s what we will expect from you on a day to day basis:
- Push creative teams to imagine new ways of bringing digital experiences to life through interaction and content;
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the creative, strategic and technical teams;
- Visualize ideas and develop visual design directions for our clients and internal projects;
- Elevate digital design and tell evocative brand stories that create emotional connections with users.
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines;
- Supervise other team members and crave feedback yourself;
- Develop the Evolving Web creative approaches;
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and the target audience;
What kind of skills set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community?
- 6+ years experience in digital art direction;
- Demonstrable Creative direction and strategic thinking;
- Compelling interactive and conceptual design, with an emphasis on quality user-centered web and digital products;
- Solid understanding of interaction design principles and usability practices;
- Experience in designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch,InVision, and Figma;
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and current web design trends;
- Have an eye for detail, be highly organized, self-motivated with the ability to take ownership in areas of responsibility;
- Previous experience in a Senior Designer or Art Director role
- Excellent communication skills preferably in both French and English.
- However, if you feel that this position is for you and you are not strong with both languages, go ahead and apply!
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Someone who feels better products come from a collaborative work process
- Not afraid to voice your opinion but open to any input
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Knowing industry tools: Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Figma, Abstract, project management tools;
- Comfortable with CSS animations
- Experience with designing websites for CMS like Drupal or Wordpress;
What's in it for you?
- A fully remote position where you are trusted to do work that matters whichever way you work best;
- Work on important projects for public sector clients, such as Tourisme Quebec, Princeton University and the Government of Canada;
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists spread across many countries;
- Receive mentorship on how to grow as a leader, improve your skills, and deliver quality products;
- Receive encouragement and support to optionally write blog posts under your own name and present at conferences;
- A culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Competitive salary and health insurance.
Evolving Web values diversity and is committed to assembling a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better we will be. Evolving Web is an equal opportunity employer. We support and encourage flexible working, including flexible hours and work from home.
Learn more about what it's like to work at Evolving Web and join us!