Do you have an ingenious creative approach and voice? Do you want to build projects within a creative team with the knowledge and skills to help you execute your vision? We want to evolve with you!
This role is for you, if you consider yourself a multi-disciplinary, creative designer with 2+ years experience in web design. But don’t hesitate to apply anyway if you’re not a specialist in all mentioned design areas. We are currently looking for talented designers at different levels to join our team.
Please provide a portfolio including at least two web or app designs when applying for this role. The portfolio can either be a file or a link to an online portfolio.
Here’s what we will expect from you on a day to day basis:
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the creative team (internal and freelancers);
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience;
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines;
- Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas;
- Create wireframes and high-fidelity mockups for responsive website redesigns
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members;
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices;
- Contribute to the Evolving Web creative approaches;
- Create design assets to support sales, marketing, and pre-sales processes
What kind of skill set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community:
- 2+ years agency experience in design with a strong knowledge of UX, UI and design principles in general;
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio;
- Hands on experience with web and interface design;
- Experience in creating responsive designs;
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch or Adobe Photoshop;
- Experience in wireframing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch and InVision;
- Comfortable presenting to clients and also at our monthly UX event;
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS (but you will not be required to write any code, no worries.)
- Cares about user experience, branding, accessibility and building design systems;
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us:
- Open to feedback from team members and clients and use this as an opportunity to grow and learn
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Experience with designing websites for CMS like Drupal or Wordpress;
- Experience with UX processes such as conducting user research and testing or facilitating UX workshops with clients;
- Strong in information architecture and strategy;
- Experience with branding and art direction;
- Experience with animation and or video production.
- Bilingual (English & French). N’hésite pas de postuler en français!
What you get:
- Be part of a growing team in a fun and friendly environment;
- Opportunities to grow and learn with dedicated and talented people;
- International team working in a bilingual environment for Canadian and US clients;
- Interesting projects for organizations in the healthcare, higher education, non-profit, financial, and high-tech sectors.
- Face clients directly
- Enjoy Evolving Web company culture, including 5@7 to celebrate our projects or birthdays!