Be our in-house technical expert! Evolving Web has an immediate opening for a Solutions Architect. You'll work closely with our developers, designers, project managers and clients to create beautiful and quality websites and apps that improve organizations and communities.
If you have 8+ years of development and technical leadership experience and want to join a rapidly growing team, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do on a day to day basis:
- Work with a team of developers, designers, and project managers;
- Scope and architect technical solutions with internal and client teams;
- Create documentation;
- Work with DevOps tools like Vagrant, Docker, Circle CI;
- Advise and manage teams to produce measurable results;
Skills you'll need to excel in this role:
- 8 years of development experience and technical leadership experience at the project level;
- Experience with enterprise level projects;
- Experience architecting large scale solutions according to technical specifications;
- Have a high-level view of projects and use your understanding of contexts, the scope, and development tasks to successfully deliver solutions;
- Ability to work with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams on pre-sales scoping, project estimation, and to determine the best solutions;
- Ability to prepare and conduct technical workshops to refine the scope of projects;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work on different projects concurrently;
- Ability to train technical and non-technical teams on solutions;
- Ability to create and present reports that communicate the details of a solution;
- Can do PHP and Drupal development when necessary;
- Experience with advising and managing teams of developers and designers to achieve measurable results;
- Experience using project management tools like Redmine or JIRA;
- Strong communication skills in both French and English. However, if you feel that this position is for you and you're not strong with both languages, go ahead and apply!
What you'll get at Evolving Web:
- You'll work in the heart of Montreal, a city with a vibrant tech and arts scene;
- Be a part of a strong team that regularly contributes to the open-source community and participates in industry events and trainings about web development;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment -- and enjoy 5 à 7s to celebrate our projects and birthdays!
- Continuous learning and help with building your career;
- Know that you're here to stay -- we're hiring for growth!
About Evolving Web:
Evolving Web is a team of innovative designers and technologists based in Montreal. We specialize in creating high quality websites and applications with the Drupal content management system. Over the past twelve years, we've completed projects for numerous universities, businesses, as well as non-profit and cultural organizations. Our clients include Princeton University, Western Digital, and the Linux Foundation.
- We're open to feedback from team members and clients and use them as opportunities to grow and improve;
- We're organized and enjoy working on several projects concurrently;
- We're creative and curious and not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- We're strong team players with problem-solving and leadership skills;
- We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse team and will make sure your voice is heard!
If this sounds good to you, apply below!
Looking forward to having you on our team!