Senior PHP Developer
Do you enjoy solving technical problems and building compelling websites and apps? Evolving Web has an immediate opening for a Senior PHP Developer.
If you have 5 years of experience in web development and want to be a part of a rapidly growing team, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll do on a day to day basis:
- Work with a team of developers, designers, and project managers;
- Create documentation;
- Work with DevOps tools like Vagrant, Docker, Circle CI;
- Take ownership of your projects;
- Contribute to and participate in the open-source community.
Skills you'll need to excel in this role:
- At least 5 years of experience with web development;
- Experience working with Symfony, Laravel, and other Object Oriented Programming (OOP) frameworks;
- Experience with CMS such as Wordpress and/or Drupal;
- Understanding of software development practices, version control and development workflows;
- Experience working with a team and using a standardized development workflow;
- Familiarity with the Linux command line;
- Experience with security and performance, and writing tests;
- Experience using project management tools like Redmine or JIRA;
- Excited about learning Drupal;
- Strong communication skills in both French and English. However, if you feel that this position is for you and you're not strong with both languages, go ahead and apply!
- Open to feedback from team members and clients and use this as an opportunity to grow and learn
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Open source contributions;
- Experience with system administration and security;
- Experience working with hosting platforms like Pantheon and Acquia;
- Front-end development skills.
What you'll get at Evolving Web:
- You'll work in the heart of Montreal, a city with a vibrant tech and arts scene;
- Be a part of a strong team that regularly contributes to the open-source community and participates in industry events and trainings about web development;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment -- and enjoy 5 à 7s to celebrate our projects and birthdays!
- Continuous learning and help with building your career;
- Know that you're here to stay -- we're hiring for growth!
About Evolving Web:
Evolving Web is a team of innovative designers and technologists based in Montreal. We specialize in creating high quality websites and applications with the Drupal content management system. Over the past twelve years, we've completed projects for numerous universities, businesses, as well as non-profit and cultural organizations. Our clients include Princeton University, Western Digital, and the Linux Foundation.
- We're open to feedback from team members and clients and use them as opportunities to grow and improve;
- We're organized and enjoy working on several projects concurrently;
- We're creative and curious and not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- We're strong team players with problem-solving and leadership skills;
- We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse team and will make sure your voice is heard!
If this sounds good to you, apply below!
Looking forward to having you on our team!