Do you have an original creative approach and voice? Do you want to help build the creative team that executes your vision?
If you crave projects you care about - where your input is valued - and want to build a team in this image, we want to talk to you. The ideal candidate has 3+ years experience in digital design direction, proven team-leadership skills, and wants to evolve their career.
Can you take our web experience to the next level? Developers on our team have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, delivering quality products and taking ownership of their projects. Seeking Drupal visionary. Requires 2+ years experience in web development, a commitment to learning, and the ability to build the parachute once you’ve already left the airplane.
Here’s what we will expect from you on a day to day basis:
- Work with a team of developers, designers, and project managers;
- Develop custom Drupal modules;
- Debug Drupal modules and create patches;
- Create documentation;
- Work with DevOps tools like Vagrant, Docker, Circle CI;
- Contribute to and participate in the open-source community.
- What kind of skills set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community:
At least 2 years of experience working with Drupal;
- Ability to create Drupal themes and modules following best practices;
- Experience with other web development platforms is a plus;
- Experience working with a team and using a standardized development workflow;
- Familiarity with the Linux command line;
- Understanding of software development practices;
- Familiarity with git;
- Experience working with APIs;
- Experience using a project management tool like Redmine or JIRA.
- Strong communication skills preferably in both French and English. However, if you feel that this position is for you and you are not strong with both languages, go ahead and apply!
What kind of person usually get along easily with us:
- Open to feedback from team members and clients and use this as an opportunity to growth and learn;
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Experience with system administration and security;
- Contributions to an open source project;
- Experience working with hosting platforms like Pantheon and Acquia.
What you get:
- You will work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- You will be encouraged to present at conferences;
- You will be part of a strong community where we participate a lot in the open-source community, through code contributions, community events, and trainings about web development. One of the owner is actually a member of the Drupal association Board of Directors - Suzanne Dergacheva!
- Work we dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Build your personal brand! Many of our alumni have become very well known;
- Enjoy Evolving Web company culture, including 5@7 to celebrate our projects or birthdays!
- Grow the team you will manage over the next years (We are hiring for growth!)