Digital Product Owner
Do you like to have the whole world in your hands? We’re seeking a digital product owner who can guide clients and team-members to great results. You control time and space, and how information flows.
You have 3+ years experience in digital environments and you would like to be involved with structuring the project management processes and practices. This position is for you!
Here’s what we will expect from you on a day to day basis. However, we are looking for resourceful people to be able to collaborate at all levels:
- Oversee all stages of the projects working with the creative team, marketing and development team;
- Responsible effective communication and collaboration with clients;
- Ensure all aspects of our services and of the solutions built reach the client’s expectations in terms of quality standards;
- Manage and report the project budget to the client and management team (budget from 5k to 500k);
- Create issues for developers and track the status of these issues through completion;
- Give feedback to and rally teams around the importance of delighting our clients with the quality of our solutions, our readiness to help them at every opportunity and the simplicity of working with Evolving Web.
Account Management and Business development:
- Follow up with clients after project delivery for satisfaction, improvements and up-sales;
- Analyze and understand the client’s needs in order to suggest the best possible solutions;
- Lead the preparation of proposals, mockups, estimates and budgets;
- Get approval of proposals by the executive team and present them to clients;
- Lead negotiations with clients while focusing on long term and recurring opportunities;
- Assist with managing Evolving Web’s operations, including ongoing documentation, time tracking, scheduling, and other aspects of team communications;
- Manage billing and profitability of projects.
What kind of skills set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 3 years of working in a technology-related environment;
- At least 2 years experience working in a related role that involves at least two of the following aspects: project management, account management or business development;
- Good understanding of content management systems, HTML, web deployment processes;
- Excellent spoken and written English and French. If you are not perfectly bilingual and you are really interested in knowing more about us, don’t be shy and send us your CV!
- Used web project management tools (such as JIRA, Basecamp…);
- Good UX Design understanding to be able to easily see what makes - or not - a good UX.
What kind of person usually get along easily with us:
- Open to feedback from team members and clients and use this as an opportunity to growth and learn;
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
What you get:
- You will work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- You will be encouraged to present at conferences;
- You will be part of a strong community where we participate a lot in the open-source community, through code contributions, community events, and trainings about web development. One of the owner is actually a member of the Drupal association Board of Directors - Suzanne Dergacheva!
- Work we dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Build your personal brand! Many of our alumni have become very well known;
- Enjoy Evolving Web company culture, including 5@7 to celebrate our projects or birthdays!
- Grow the team you will manage over the next years (We are hiring for growth!)