Senior or Intermediate Front-End Developer
Developers on our team have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, delivering quality products, and taking ownership of their projects. Seeking creative front-end developer who loves to work in a collaborative environment with a stellar team of developers and designers.
Here's what we will expect from you on a day to day basis:
- Work with a small team of web developers, designers, and project managers;
- Develop custom Drupal themes;
- Implement front-end libraries and frameworks;
- Contribute to and participate in the technical community;
- Create documentation, blog posts;
- Making suggestions to improve design consistency and user experience
What kind of skills set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community:
- At least 2 years of experience working with Drupal;
- Ability to create Drupal themes and modules following best practices;
- Experience with other web development platforms is a plus;
- Experience working with a team and using a standardized development workflow;
- Familiarity with the Linux command line;
- Understanding of software development practices;
- Familiarity with git;
- Experience working with APIs;
- Experience using a project management tool like Redmine or JIRA.
- Strong communication skills preferably in both French and English. However, if you feel that this position is for you and you are not strong with both languages, go ahead and apply!
What kind of person usually get along easily with us:
- Open to feedback from team members and clients and use this as an opportunity to growth and learn;
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Experience using Node.js, React, Gatsby, Vue.js, Angular, React Native, etc;
- Public speaking and/or training experience;
- Strong web accessibility expertise;
- Contributions to an open source project.
- You will work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- You will be encouraged to present at conferences;
- You will be part of a strong community where we participate a lot in the open-source community, through code contributions, community events, and trainings about web development. One of the owner is actually a member of the Drupal association Board of Directors - Suzanne Dergacheva!
- Work we dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Build your personal brand! Many of our alumni have become very well known;
- Enjoy Evolving Web company culture, including 5@7 to celebrate our projects or birthdays!
- Grow the team you will manage over the next years (We are hiring for growth!)